Wednesday, April 9, 2008

8 Weeks OLD!!!

Oh where does the time go?? I can't believe these little bundles of joy are already 8 weeks old! On Saturday they will turn 2 months! I look at these babies everyday and I can't imagine how I carried them until 38 weeks and they used to be inside of me!

The time goes by so fast! Before you know it they'll be walking and talking! They already have changed. They have been smiling more and more and are trying to hold their heads up. Cash is so strong and when you hold him he loves to use you as a jumperoo! Presley isn't as strong but very alert! Cash is almost outgrowing his newborn clothing and I just switched him to size 1 diapers! Presley is more of a little peanut, but also getting bigger!

Next week they go in for their 8 week checkup and to start their vaccinations. They were supposed to go tomorrow, but since we are going to be out of town, we had to reschedule. I can't wait to get them weighed and measured. Last time, poor little Presley was only in the 5th percentile, so we'll see how she's measuring up.

People are always asking me "how I do it?" I acutally don't know it any other way, so for me 2 babies is normal. So, no offense to these people that have 1 baby, but when I hear them talk about how difficult it is, it's hard to have sympathy because I have 2 babies. I have twice as many diapers, twice as many feedings, and twice as many babies crying.

I am getting so used to going everywhere with 2 babies. One car seat in each hand. Luckily, I haven't had to work on toning my arms so far, because lugging 2 car seats is enough of a work out. I think my arms are smaller and more toned now than they were before. It's the simplest things I miss the most, like being able to just run to the grocery store, video store, etc. Now, it's such a hassle to get 2 babies ready, that most of the time, I just won't go.

The days just fly by. I wake up and before you know it, it's dinner time. It's crazy. Alison was over last week and she can vouch for me because it was 5 o'clock and she was amazed at how the day just flew by and all we did that day was go to the gym and come home.

My job is 24 hours a day/7 days a week!!!

Today we are off to Seattle. It's crazy how much more we need to pack for just these little babies! I am so excited! I haven't left Ellensburg since November!! I am going stir crazy and with daddy out of town, I get to shop, eat at PCC everyday and see friends and family!

Travis has been so busy with work. He has been in the process of starting his own company for a while now, but just recently he has made the switch and gave notice to Kensington (his current employer). Travis's new company that he started with his friend Chris is called Nine Pine Developments. They are off to a great start! I have such great confidence in Travis, that I know whatever he does, he'll succeed! I am just waiting for my dream home with a pool to be built!! (Hopefully soon!)

Anyways, off to pack!!!

0 comments: