Monday, January 31, 2011
This is how my night/morning played out.....
- 7pm: Put the twins to bed. Presley threw a brutal tantrum before....that was fun! Put Violet down.
- 9pm: Violet's up....fever 102.5
- 12pm: Violet's up again...get up, change her diaper, her clothes, dog pukes all over my bed, change sheets, feed violet, put her down, go to sleep.
- 4am: Violet's up again....still a fever, more tylenol.
- 5:15am: Violet's up again...feed her, put her down.
- 6: 45am: I wake up, twins are awake, Cash spilled an entire bottle of coffeemate creamer all over the floor that Travis left out. Clean it up, Violet wakes up.
- 7am: Cash informs me the dog pooped in the playroom. Clean it up.
- 7:15am: Is it too early for a glass of wine? Feed the twins breakfast, get coffee made, feed Violet.
- 8am: Put Violet down for a nap and put Swan Princess on for the twins, so I can sit down and breath......
- 9am: Cash starts digging in the freezer for Go-Gurts. He wants a snack.
OMG>....................i need a vacation! and it's only 9:30am. Travis left at 6am for a day filled with meetings, most likely meaning he won't be home until late tonight. Fun times. Fun times.
Posted by Katie Gibson at 9:34 AM
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Posted by Katie Gibson at 3:41 PM
Posted by Katie Gibson at 3:33 PM
Posted by Katie Gibson at 3:30 PM
Posted by Katie Gibson at 3:27 PM
Posted by Katie Gibson at 3:22 PM
Posted by Katie Gibson at 3:19 PM
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
I know all of you have been dying to know how it's going on in the Gibson household....so, drumroll..........
we have successfully potty trained the twins. Hallelujah! Hip Hip Hooray! Dear Sweet Jesus! I just want to get down on my hands and knees and kiss the potty gods because we have been diaper free since Saturday!!! Wahoo! A few accidents here and there and I am terrified to leave the house, but considering the twins absolutely could care less about the potty a week ago, I consider the "3 Day Potty Training Method" an absolute success and recommend it to EVERYONE! If I can do twins at one time, it'll work for everyone! Sure, we haven't left the house since Friday, I've done a million loads of laundry, steamcleaned the carpet a few times, but it's all been worth it. I am so proud of my little twins. I can't believe they are getting so big, turning 3 in less than a month.
I feel like super mom. I feel like I need a drink, or 5. And I definately think a trip to Nordstom is in my future this weekend! Momma needs a prize.
Posted by Katie Gibson at 9:17 AM
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Since the twins are going to be 3 next month, I have decided to get them potty trained before the big day, just so that I don't feel like a failure as a mother. So, I read the ebook, over and over, got the panties, did all the laundry, bought the treats/toys, and I've been talking to them about it all week. The anticipation was killing me. A serious knot in my stomach. I was just dreading it being a fight. Travis thought I was crazy. I told him, that as a SAHM, this to me is like preparing for that big client meeting.
We woke up, had the kids throw away all their diapers and pull ups, changed them out of their last diaper, put the big kid panties on and waited. I think I've said, "Tell Mommy when you have to go potty, OK?" at least 850 times today. But, you know what? It works. Presley hasn't had an accident all day and has peed in the potty about 6 times. Cash, on the other hand has had 3 accidents, but has still done good potty's on the toilet. I am so freaking happy, you have no idea.
So, we are 1/2 done with day one. We still have 2.5 days left, so we'll see. But, this is a start!
Posted by Katie Gibson at 1:52 PM
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Posted by Katie Gibson at 4:43 PM
Posted by Katie Gibson at 4:21 PM
Posted by Katie Gibson at 4:05 PM
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Posted by Katie Gibson at 9:07 AM
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I love coming across new blogs....obsessed actually and I love it when I find a good one, a really really good one!
THE MCMOMMY CHRONICLES
Posted by Katie Gibson at 2:09 PM
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Posted by Katie Gibson at 6:48 PM