Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bottle Dilemma.

With the twins, I never had this issue. Mostly because there were two of the them and almost immediately from birth they were given a bottle. But, with Violet she's exclusively been breastfed. I gave her bottle at about 10 weeks when Travis and I were going out and my mom was watching her. So, she's had 2 bottles in 4 months. Well, now she refuses a bottle. Absolutely hates them.

Well, now that Labor Day is approaching and it's usually a super fun filled weekend here in Ellensburg, Mommy would like to go out and have some fun, the fun that usually consists of drinks, so I am in dire straits here trying to get her to drink a bottle. I broke out the big guns the other day and overnighted a "Tommee Tippee" bottle, which I heard is the best. So, I spent $20 on overnight shipping a $6 bottle. Yes, I know, a bit desperate. So today when the FedEx man comes, I will probably kiss him and hug him and cross my fingers this baby works. But, don't worry, I have back up, amazon.com is overnighting a few other bottles that have had rave reviews on the this same issue. So, cross your fingers and pray that my little Violet takes a bottle and this momma can go out and drink some beer. Seriously though, this is very serious.

Ahhh, the problems stay-at-home moms have.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Oh, Katie! I am laughing over this post because I have been having the EXACT same problem with Wyatt! Owen always took a bottle, but not this guy. I was desperate this last weekend since we were headed to a wedding and needed for him to take a bottle. I went to Babies R Us and bought a Tommee Tippee bottle, since he was refusing the Born Free bottles. He ended up taking the bottle, but with a lot of struggling. Then just last night I tried the Born Free bottle again and he took it!! I think we are making progress around here, and I hope Violet does for you too. Stay at home moms REALLY need breaks that include alcohol at times. Good luck!!

Alexis Gradwohl said...

I'm really going to hope that baby V decides to take a bottle... you need a night out! Have many beers!!!