Friday, February 1, 2008

36.5 weeks.......

I have made it this far, which is so good for a twin pregnancy. We went to the dr. yesterday and he told me that I am the best twin pregnancy he's ever seen in his career! That made me feel good. He was also suprised that I haven't gone into labor yet. So, we are keeping our fingers crossed for any now...............so everyone pray for babies:)

My blood pressure was high, but that is because I was rushed in getting ready for the appt. Travis and I slept in, we had to go to Starbucks and when I was in the room getting my blood pressure taken, Travis was on his work phone, so I was a bit stressed. I only gained a pound last week, so so far I have gained 36 pounds, which is good for a twin pregnancy.

We talked about delivery options with the dr. and and we decided that we are going to go ahead and have a c-section. We feel that this the best for the babies. I don't want them to become stressed during a vaginal delievery and have to end up having a c-section, so for those reasons, we are going to have a c-section. I am perfectly okay with that decision. I didn't have my heart set on having them either way, I just want to do what is best for the babies. So, if I don't go into labor before, which most likely I will, we scheduled a c-section at 38 weeks. I hope I don't go that far bc that is another week and a half, and I can't wait that long.

My belly measured 47 cm, so my belly didn't grow last week. I feel fine. No swelling-I am just starting to get really uncomfortable!! The dr. thinks that I have about 12-14 pounds of just baby in me!! Can you believe that?? I can't imagine them being that big, but we'll see!

After the appointment we had another stress test at the hospital where they monitor the fetal heartbeat and movements along with my uterine contractions. I have been having contractions more frequently, but nothing major. It took about an hour and Travis was with me the entire time.

So, with all that said, we are just waiting.............................hopefully soon!! Everyone keep your fingers crossed and pray for babies!! I want them to come now!!

Hopefully my next post will be with baby pics:)

Katie

0 comments: