Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 4

Whoever said that being a parent isn't the most challenging thing they have ever done, clearly doesn't have children. I am 100% exhausted and I know Travis can say the same thing. It's 8:30am on Monday as I write this and the house is quite. No babies crying, no television, no people talking, it's the most peaceful sound I have ever heard....silence! I am enjoying these last few moments of it before the babies wake up. I am letting Travis have a bit more sleep bc he was up with our child, Cash, for quite a while last night.

Cash........is our child that loves to cry, be held 100% of the time, have a binky in his mouth, a boob in his mouth and he poops a lot!!! Presley, on the other hand will sleep peacefully in her crib while her brother cries loudly in her ear. She only wakes every few hours just because she is hungry or has a dirty diaper. Then, she goes back to bed.

This is what I do on daily basis and it's in this order: Breastfeed, change diapers, try to eat a meal, take a shower but I quickly throw clothes on, try to get a nap in while we have visitors and lastly and the thing I loved the most ask anyone that knew me during my pregnancy.......watch my favorite shows and sleep.

One thing I have found out since I have had these babies is that Travis and I have the most wonderful family and friends that anyone could ever possibly ask for. We are so lucky to have the help and support that we have. I don't think that I would be alive right now if we didn't. Last night was our first night that we actually had to put a dinner meal together for ourselves. I ate left overs and Travis had Campus-U-Tote-Em. (burger and fries-he said he deserved a treat, which he did!!!) So I just wanted to thank everyone that has come over and seen them, it makes me feel like the most popular girl, but I know that nobody is coming to see me, they are coming to see the little king and queen of our house, since Travis and I are no longer! Cash and Presley rule this house and rule Travis and I.

They have the first dr. appt today! I have been running a bit of a fever for the past few days, so I am excited to get it checked out. The babies are doing fantastic. They already are changing and getting more and more cute everyday. The have completely distinct personalities, but look like brother and sister. They still are so tiny-just two little peanuts!!

I love being a mom! It's the best thing in the entire world X 1,000,000!!!! I am so blessed to have a family. Travis and I look at each other every night and just can't believe what we have!

0 comments: