Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ultrasound Appt.

Today we had another ultrasound. It went well. The babies are measuring perfect. The boy is a little bigger than the girl, but not by much. The boy is head down, but the girl has moved and is feet down. Hopefully in the next month she'll turn around again bc I really don't want to have a C-section. Oh well, I have to do whatever is best for the baby.

We saw a really good shot of the boys face....he's so cute! We saw both feet, 10 toes on each baby!! The dr. said that the boy has really long legs. I told Travis that he did not get that from him!! But of course for the 3rd time, Travis had the Dr. make sure that he was a boy. I swear, he's absolutely terrified that both babies are going to come out girls. He's so funny about it.

The babies are getting so big that everything is hard to decipher what body part is what in the ultrasound. So far, they are both estimated to be about 2.5 pounds each. That means that they will most likely double in weight before they are born in the next 8 weeks and that I am going to get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. I already feel huge. My ribs are so sore right now bc all my organs are pushed up inside them. I feel like I have been punched in the ribs. The babies are sitting right on my bladder, so I pee every 20 minutes. Getting out of bed or up to answer the phone is a huge accomplishment. I am just so uncomfortable.

Anyways, Travis tells me that I am glowing and that I am the prettiest I've ever been. That was such a nice compliment. He's so funny because he has a new nickname for my belly every week. He's been great and I know that he's going to be such a great dad! I can't wait for my family to be complete in just 8 weeks. It's crazy bc I feel like it's gone by so fast! I can't wait for them to come. The anticipation is killing me.

The birthing class went well last night. The 2 hours surprisingly went by really fast. Since we started 1/2 through the classes, last night we learned about the drugs you can have during labor, the tools that they use to help get the baby out (forseps, vaccum, etc.), the epidural needle (ouch), c-section, car seat safety and we toured the birthing center at the hospital.

That's about it!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

0 comments: