Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Exhausting...

2 year olds are exhausting and how I am NOT counting down the days until they are 3...i heard the 3's are even worse. I am so tired today. Violet got up at 4am and for some reason I couldn't go back to bed. Right now, I am so tired I haven't exercised today, I haven't washed my hair since Saturday, I am drinking coffee at 5pm and I literly can't peel myself off this couch right now. My house looks like the toy aisle at Target has exploded. Dishes are piling up in my sink because I haven't unloaded the dishwasher. I have about 5 loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away. My house is a disaster and you wouldn't know that I pay cleaners to come and clean on a weekly basis. But one thing I did do today was, go around with touch up paint and paint the walls where the kids have colored, banged, and wiped their grubby hands on. Oh, and we actually did go to the park.

I have been sitting here listening to the twins play..it's my favorite thing to do, of course when they aren't battling. Right now Presley is putting her babies to sleep singing, "Nap time, Nap time, Go to sleep, Go to sleep" for those of you who know Yo Gabba Gabba, know what song this is, I am sure. Just before she was telling them they had "icky poo poo butts", that is what I have been calling her poopy diapers. Cash is trying to kick a soccer ball all over. Ahhh, the difference between boys and girls. I love it. I love it that Cash is obsessed with sports, this week being soccer. He loves trucks, cars and everything that has to do with boys. Presley loves her babies, loves to color and isn't really into sports, but she loves to dance and sing.

All this and little Violet is sleeping so soundly in her swing...but I have changed her 3 times due to exploding diapers. Oh, and the diaper situation, don't even get me started........I am so freaking sick of changing diapers. Is it bad I let the twins run around with the diaper hanging down to their knees before I change it, because I do? Don't judge. Seriously a 9-5 job is looking pretty good right about now!

3 comments:

Alexis Gradwohl said...

Oh Katie, I want to drive over to E-Burg walk in your house and just sit with you! I completely hear where you are coming from and think you are one strong cookie! I hope you get a good night of rest tonight.

Jen Deming Lee said...

OMG this post made me laught out loud. I appreciate your honesty Katie....motherhood is hard! Enjoy these little moments because they do grow up and then it's a whole new set of griping!
PS Your kids are flippin adorable!

thuriks said...

Oh my Katie, minus the newborn (which I can't even imagine...you are a rock star) I am in your same boat! It's so hard. hard. hard. PERIOD! I think a 9 to 5'er would be so much easier. BUT on the other hand we would still have to do this job when we got home from our 'real job' so really this is much better for now. Hang in there.