Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I think I might loose my mind.....

I remember when I heard the word "Mommy" come from my children's mouth, it was one of the happiest moments....that was when they were less than a year old.

Fast forward to 2 years old.....the word "Mommy" coming out 8,456 times while Presley is in the middle of a tantrum with snot running down her face, laying face down in the carpet is not my happiest moment.

Please help me. I may not survive this age. I think I might go hug Violet a little tighter today, especially since I know what the future has in store for me.

On a side note: Last night we put the kids to bed and Presley decided to throw a screaming fit. I just shut the door and let her scream away......5 minutes later, the screaming is still happening. Next thing I know, she comes burstiing out of her room. OMG...she crawled out of her crib and opened the door. I guess I should probably start looking for big kid bed bedding.......

4 comments:

Brieanne said...

Katie this is what worked for us - it might not work for everyone but we are basically tantrum free - first thing we did was cut out TV, for some reason Riley's behavior got worse and worse the more TV she watched - and at the end of my pregnancy and when we first brought John home she was watching more TV than normal. Since we've cut way back (like probably 4 days a week she watching nothing, then 2 days with one sesame street each day and 1 day with maybe a movie and a sesame street). That totally helped. I also read this book 'parenting with love and logic' and I've been following it, I have a lot to learn and I need to definitely perfect my techniques but it's been a lifesaver. Good luck!!! Hope those ideas help you guys too :) See you this weekend, are you bringing the kids?

Brieanne said...

P.S. it wasn't easy to cut out the tv but she got over it pretty quick :)

Jill said...

Oh dear Katie. I can totally see it! Hang in there sweetie.
xoxo

thuriks said...

Oh my Katie, I totally feel our pain. Although we are not totally there yet but I can see we are well on our way. I just don't know how you manage it all with having just had a baby!!! You are super Mom. At least you have gone this long without having to do toddler beds.