Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wow...another month gone by!

The twins turned 5 months on Saturday. We celebrated by playing in our new little pool. (Sorry, no pics.....I know, bad mom!) They both loved it soooooooo much and I can't wait until we start our swim lessons next month! They can't quite sit up yet, so Mommy and Daddy had to get in the pool with them. Uncle Austin and Julie came over for the day to see the babies. It was a nice little visit!

Friday night we went over to Ryder's (Courtney and Casey's) house for dinner and the twinnies were perfect little angels while the Mom's and Dad's visited. We had the yummiest drinks ever.............Margarita Floats. They were the best drinks ever and I am not a fan of tequila!! They were tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and tonic water, then the mixture was poured over lime sherbert!! Soooo good!!

On Sunday, I thought since we've lived in our house for over 2 years now, I might as well start painting. So, I bought paint for the master bath and an accent wall in our bedroom. Ohmigosh.......now I know why I DON"T paint and why I am going to pay someone to paint the rest of my house. This project exhausted me!!! However, the final project looked good, I thought. But, my little builder of a husband told me that if I was his paint contractor, he'd wouldn't pay me a dime until I fixed blah, blah, blah, blah.............the list went on. I told him, well maybe you should have helped me and that is why I don't paint for a living. Oh well, I did it all by myself and I love it!!! Whatever..........

The babies and I are venturing over to Seattle today. My aunt and cousins are coming over from Iowa and we are going to visit. Also, the babies are getting their pictures taken tomorrow morning and of course....the Nordstrom Sale on Friday:) Travis is coming on Friday to meet us because he's got to work.

I'll update with some pics soon!

The babies are growing like little weeds!!!! I already have tubs of clothes they've grown out of. It makes me sad that their cute little clothes no longer fit, that is why I am going to refuse to spend lots of $$$ on their clothes, it's such a waste. They wear them a few times, then they don't fit. Soo sad!! So Ali, you have your pic to lots of clothes! My little man is wanting to crawl, but he's not strong enough. They've slept through the night for the past 2 weeks, but Presley has had a few nights where she'll wake up around 4am. We've been quite successful at our bedtime routine.....bath, bottle, bed at 8pm. They go down wide awake, but quickly fall asleep without a peep. Such perfect little babies!!! I am so lucky to have such good babies. It definately makes having 2 easier. People always say, "Oh, it must be so much work??" But actually, it's not yet. It's actually quite easy, but that is easy to say now when they aren't moving around. Come back in a few months and I'll probably sing a different tune! I am still so happy being a mom. I have my days when I daydream as to what it was like before the babies and I quickly snap back and am soooooooo much happier now.

Anyways, back to my life............a professional housewife/mom!!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Have fun at the Nordstrom sale. I pre-saled my stuff so I can miss the crowds. I didn't find anything for me but always something for Jordan. I am hoping that there will be good shoes for me. Jordan is the same way with sleeping and going to bed. She is an excellent sleeper. She sleeps 8pm to 8am. I think that the twinnies will be too since you started with them early and you already have a routine set. Kids love a routine. I hope you are doing good.