Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Joys of Motherhood.....

This may sound weird....but I actually miss those days of bottlefeeding my children. I remember when I was so happy when they started rice cereal and then on to baby food. It was such a joy to watch them get excited about eating rice cereal with bananas or sweet potatoes.

Now that the babies are 11.5 months old, they don't like to be fed anymore...so yea, no more babyfood! It gets expensive when you have to buy for two babies and formula for two babies! But, I have soon discovered that they are picky little eaters. Is it bad to feed my kids macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches??? Actually, they eat other foods, but I feel like that is all they eat.

Now...the babies refuse their bottles (they are still on formula until they turn 1..2 weeks), so I thought to maybe give them soy milk. They won't take a bottle anymore. How am I supposed to give them all their calcium and vitamins if they don't take a bottle?

Oh, another thing.....Presley loves to rub her food into her hair. Seriously.....at the end of her meal, she looks like Ace Ventura. Arg.......I am typing this as they are rubbing macaroni and cheese all over their trays and having it fall onto the floor, then they laugh as the dogs wipe it up.

I remember thinking to myself before and while I was pregnant that I promised myself that I would be a cute housewife....not to let myself go. Well, as I go days without doing anything to myself, I feel as I have turned into a "homely housewife".

I asked Travis last night if he thought I was a "homely housewife" and he kept ignoring the question....finally he said, "he thinks I am prettier now, after I have had kids." So, with that response I am thinking 2 things: 1.) He's being sweet and a good husband and 2.) Was I that not cute before? I think it was a trick question. It's kinda like asking, "Does my butt look big in these pants?"

Anyways, now that I look at my kids, Presley has macaroni and cheese hanging off her eyelashes...I must go start a bath:))

Ahhhhh, at least it's Tuesday night and i get to indulge in "Housewives of Orange County."

2 comments:

thuriks said...

I feel the same way. I go days on end & don't leave my house so why would I get dressed is my motto 1/2 of the week. It's so sad! My babies always look cute though :-)

The Taylor Family said...

Hey Katie! I got your blog from Shauna and you are crackin me up with this post! I hope you are doing well!