Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We've been busy...

This weekend flew by, as always. Saturday, Travis took Cash to his fantasy football draft. It was the first time the twins have beens split up and I had Presley. It was such a weird feeling having only 1 baby and I didn't like it. I am so glad I had two:) Presley and I went to the Farmer's Market and then went and saw Auntie Jeanna at her craft show.

Sunday, we had to make our monthly trip to Costco in Yakima. 12 cans of formula, 300 diapers, 800 wipes, 12 "D" batteries, and of course a few bottles of wine later......oh, and Travis had to get his hot dog. Then we were lucky enough to go and visit the twins's new friend Brady Hansen. Travis and Krestin Hansen welcomed their 4th boy, Brady!! I can't believe they have 4 boys!! Krestin is such a good mom, it's pretty amazing to watch them handle all their boys, Riley 7, Cooper 5, Chase 3, and now Brady. Whew.....they definately have it down. That evening we had a BBQ at our house with Travis's family. It was such a nice evening out and we had delicious dinner of Halibut, Salmon and a Pork roast:)

The twins will be 6 months in a week. I can't believe they've been here for half a year, it just blows me away that it goes by this fast! They are on the verge of being able to sit up by themselves and Cash is really starting to want to crawl. He scoots his legs up underneath him, it's just a matter of time. Then it'll really start to get crazy in this house. They'll have their 6 month appointment next week. I am excited to see how much they weigh because they are getting so big! Especially Cash, he's such a lug and very long. He's got the long torso like me, so he's been growing out of a lot of his clothes. I so far have 2 huge tubs filled with clothes they no longer fit into.

I have been making lots of baby food lately and so far, the babies love my homemade baby food. They've had carrots, applesauce and bananas. It's actually really easy and I like being able to make them organic baby food instead of getting store bought. I watched on the news that they found 17 different pesticides in Gerber baby food....that is something I don't want my babies to have. Yuck!

That's our weekly life update. Pretty uneventful. Life is so simple now, well at least mine is. I love it. Travis didn't go to sleep last night until 3 in the morning because he's been busy working. He's getting so busy and it's wonderful!!! It makes me staying at home with the babies so much easier, knowing that he's doing well. I really want to start getting their scrapbooks done, but I really don't have the time. When they are napping, that is my time to clean, run, take a shower, etc. At night when they go down at 8pm, I try my best to go to sleep as soon as possible, so I don't have a lot of time for anything right now.

0 comments: