Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting bigger and bigger and bigger............

It's official...the twins are growing at a rapid pace and it makes me sad. It mean, it's exciting to watch them grow and learn new things, however, soon enough they'll grow into being kids.

Cash is a log and getting heavy. He's big and very very long, at least 2-3 inches taller than Presley. However, he's very lean and muscular. Such a boy!! He has started the whiny thing. He doesn't cry, he whines. Whine, whine, whine. I'd rather hear them cry than whine! He also started giving me kisses. He grabs my cheeks and kisses me! It makes me melt and I try to get in as many as I can while he's young because someday he'll turn into a teenager and he won't be wanting to kiss his mommy anymore!! Cash also has quite the appetite and loves to eat! There hasn't been one food yet that he doesnt' love, bananas, peas, carrots, prunes, pears, applesauce, sweet potatoes, peaches, oatmeal, and green beans. He's starting to drink out of a sippy cup, but that has been a hard task to accomplish. I have bought a million different sippy cups and finally found some that they like. He is a perfect sleeper, so far he's slept through the night perfectly for the past 2 months.

Presley is still a peanut and is so tiny. She doesn't like to eat her bottles, but loves her food. She doesn't like the sippy cups, but can drink out of a cup without the top. She laps up the juice with her tongue like a dog. It's funny!! She's so happy all the time and doesn't whine like brother. She is in love with her travel blanket, Ladybug. She can be in the middle of an tantrum and you give her her ladybug and put it over her head and she's quiet. She also enjoys her jumper and can play in it for hours. Presley unfortunately does not sleep through the night. Her fine motor skills are way more advanced than Cash's, but that seems typical for a girl. Both babies are sitting up and almost starting crawl.

We've been really busy during the week, but I am not quite sure what we do. The days just fly by. We spend a lot of time playing and we enjoy going on walks and hanging out with Courtney and Ryder. I am trying to convince Courtney to not go back to work!!

I have just been busy being a mom. When the babies are sleeping, I run, shower and do house work! Fun........I still can't figure out how this house gets so messy with just the 4 of us. I have started a new obsession with scrapbooking and making cards. Remember when I was pregnant and I was BFF with the blockbuster guy, now the scrapbook store lady and I are new BFFs. I just love buying stuff and already have quite the collection!! I have been busy making invitations for Alison's baby shower and Travis's big 30th birthday party I am planning.

Travis is busy with work. He has 2 houses going right now and starts 2 more in the next few weeks. He's doing amazing!!! He also came home from work yesterday with a riding lawn mower. I figure if anything can get him to mow the lawn more, I'm all for it!!!

Hunting season starts in a few weeks, so the babies, my mom and I are headed to Minnesota for 5 days to visit. I am nervous to be on the plane with the babies, but I'll have my mom, so she'll be the best help ever! I am excited to have my family meet the twinnies!!

That's our little life update. Not too exciting! It's Rodeo weekend this next weekend, so that should be lots of fun!!

0 comments: