Tuesday, September 11, 2007

17 Weeks......

Well, I am finally in the 2nd trimester and feeling great! All the nausea and fatigue are long gone, thank god!! Some days I feel like this is going really fast and then there are other days when I feel like I have been pregnant forever!

I have had a few dr. appts and everything is going really well!! I am growing (as you can see by the pics below) and my dr. told me that I am the size of a 20 week single pregnant women. My uterus is measuring right below my belly button, where if I were only having 1 baby, it'd be a few inches below, but they are just taking up all the room. They babies are already 4.5 inches long....I can't believe it! They grow so fast. I also gained 5 pounds, which is good because I didn't gain much in the beginning due to morning sickness. It's all in my belly, thank god!! I have come to the point where I can no longer fit into my jeans, which is quite depressing and I have grown to be very fond of gaucho pants!

I had an ultrasound at 16 weeks also. I have to say, that they are the CUTEST babies ever! I can already see their profiles and they have such cute little noses. Twin B is measuring a week bigger than Twin A, which is common in twins. Twin B was very active during the ultrasound, kicking the other baby as it was trying to sleep and was sticking it's tougue out. It was quite amazing to see all the action on the screen. It was Travis's first ultrasound and he loved it!! They have strong little heart beats and you can see their brains and stomachs. Unfortunately that couldn't tell the sex yet, however I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks and we'll find out then.

No cravings so far!! I just happen to like everything! I am trying to eat healthy and I am still going to the gym. I am trying to keep my muscle as much as possible because it makes the third trimester more easy and also with labor. Plus, I have to be able to fit into my pants again afterwards!

I should start feeling them move any day now. I think I have felt them a few times, but it's so light, I can't tell yet.

This so far has been such a great experience. I just can't tell you enough how excited I am to meet these little twinies and hold them. Travis also has been absolutely amazing during the past few months. I really tend to play up the "I'm Pregnant with 2 babies" card quite frequently and he's been super good at helping me. He just loves my growing belly and is very interested in going to the dr. appts and ultrasounds. He's so cute!!

It's hunting season now, my favorite time of year, so Travis has been busy with scouting and hunting. I told him next year, he'll only be able to go 1 weekend, so he's been super busy about it this year. So, I have been enjoying relaxing weekends at home with the puppies. I really have been enjoying my alone time, it's weird how you change.

Well, I'll keep you all posted in the next few weeks...........my belly grows on a daily basis, so I'll be putting lots of pics up!!

Love and miss you all!! Katie

0 comments: